This is my basic doula package and doesn’t include placenta encapsulation or extensive antenatal education. It is primarily suited to second time parents who do not need further antenatal education, who do not want to encapsulate their placenta and who do not anticipate needing more than one postnatal visit.
- A free consultation in person or on the phone to decide whether I am a good match for you and your partner
- Two antenatal visits in your own home to discuss your needs in labour and to help you make a birth preference plan should you want one. Including birth preparation techniques suitable for you and your partner. These sessions take place between 32 and 38 weeks depending on what suits you and your availability and time of booking.
- Phone text and email support during normal office hours from the time of booking until 6 weeks after your baby is born at your request.
- On-call service from 2 weeks before your ‘due date’ until the birth of your baby
- Daily contact by text email or phone from 38 weeks until your baby is born
- Continuous care and support for you and your partner throughout your entire labour and birth, at home and/or hospital
- Attendance at your home during early labour
- Attendance in hospital during established labour
- Support and physical and emotional comfort measures during labour such as visualisation, affirmation, massage, movement position changes, relaxation reminders and hydrotherapy
- Full homeopathic service during labour; all remedies provided.
- Photography or filming of aspects of the labour and birth as discussed with you
- Immediate postpartum care and breastfeeding assistance from birth until you are ready for me to leave
- One postpartum follow-up visit
The charge for this service is €900, of which a non-refundable deposit of €150 is due at booking. €350 is due at 20 weeks from your due date and €200 is due at 10 weeks from your due date. The remaining balance is due at the first antenatal visit. The full balance must be cleared by 36 weeks.
NOTE: €50 of the deposit is used to ensure that a second back up doula is also available for your dates at booking.